MOUNT MOREH-YAH : The mountain where YeHoVaH is Our Teacher
Clean Food and Unclean
YeHoVaH the Creator of the Universal made a distinction between what is food and what not food (unclean not food). Eating is something we do every day, but remember our bodies are YeHoVah's temple so it is very important to eat the clean food.
- Adam and Eve, ate what was commanded not to eat hence the fall of man and brought us into the condition we are today.
- For nearly 2000 years Christianity has adopted pagan beliefs and Traditions by eating that which was unlawful.
- Most Christians have no problem with consuming pork, rabbits and other rodents, lobsters, shrimp, and various kinds of shellfish.
- Reading the New Testament scriptures regarding the law, it is evident that the law of Yahweh has not been abolished. This fact alone demonstrates that we should be observing the commandments regarding the avoidance of eating unclean animals.
- The word unclean denotes defilement or dirtiness. In the same way we would not eat or serve a meal to our family or friends that we regard as contaminated with filth,
- Yahweh also has a certain standard of clean and unclean. He doesn't want us eating things that are 'dirty' or defiled. Since He created the animals and He also created our bodies, He knows quite well what is fit for food..
These Unclean animals are the garbage cleaners of the earth, and generally speaking, they don't have the digestive system to filter out the contaminants from the carcasses and faeces they like to eat. Shellfish sit in the bottom of the sea, cleaning up the garbage. Hogs roamed the earth eating carcasses or disgusting thing they could find until man put them in pens and fed them slop. It's time that we go back to the true "Maker's diet" and put away these abominations.
What is clean and what is unclean?
- Leviticus 11:1 - End Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit:
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 If the body we have is not our own, but rather given to us by Yahweh, then we must take care of it and not defile it. We must present our bodies as holy and acceptable to Yahweh:
- Romans 12:1 Holiness is the reason Yahweh told us to avoid eating unclean animals. He wants us to be a clean people, a holy people. When Yahweh gives the commands regarding clean and unclean. He wants us to be holy as He is holy.
Here is a scripture that has yet to be fulfilled:
- Isaiah 66:16 - For by fire and by His sword Yahweh will judge all flesh; And the slain of Yahweh shall be many. "Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, [To] [go] to the gardens After an [idol] in the midst, Eating swine's flesh and the abomination and the mouse, Shall be consumed together," says Yahweh.
- Isaiah 66:15-24 Read So, YeHoVaH will destroying those who eat swine's flesh in the future. Why then do so many believe that it is now acceptable to eat unclean animals?
- The main reason is they do not read the Old Testament or not even try to understand it.
- Secondly, because they already have this idea that it must be acceptable to eat unclean meats, they read the "New Testament"
Did Messiah abolish Yahweh's clean/unclean commands?
- Many believe that Yahushua declared all foods clean in Mark 7:19. Let's take a look at the context here..when you start reading from Verse 1-3 it tells you what the argument was about. it is about eating with unwashed hand not clean and unclean food
- Remember the Pharisees and Scribes are following the rules of the elders and not a commandment from Yahweh. Although it is not wrong to eat with washed hands, it is not a commandment from Yahweh either. Nevertheless, the Pharisees and scribes said that their hands were "defiled" or unclean.
- Yahushua responds by saying their priorities are wrong in whom they choose to obey. They placed the commandments of men over the commandments of Yahweh. Continuing on...
Mark 7:4-7 "
- Other translations such as the New International Version will end this verse with the following statement: "(In saying this, Yahushua declared all foods clean)." But this statement is not in the majority of Greek manuscripts and is not found in the King James Version or Young's Literal Translation.
- all "foods" are clean because shellfish and pork aren't food to begin with. Yahushua was not being criticized for eating pork, He was being criticized for eating without washing his hands according to the "tradition of the elders."
- They believed his hands were defiled, so everything he ate was also defiled. But failing to wash your hands did not defile His hands or the food he was eating.
- So Yahushua declared to them that the food was not defiled by eating with unwashed hands. Then He gave a "parable." We know his statement, "There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man." was a parable and not intended to be taken literally because His disciples later "asked him concerning the parable."
Then He gave an explanation of the parable:
- To confirm He was not speaking of unclean meats not defiling a man, consider the parallel of Yahushua's saying here in the book of Matthew where the same story is told:
- So it was the evil coming out of the heart that defiled a man, not eating with unwashed hands. Yahushua spoke nothing of eating pork chops here, nor would He have ever approved of anyone breaking Yahweh's commandments.
Christians believe that this commandment was abolished later in Acts chapter 10. Once again, let's take a close look at the context:
- Now many would like to stop right here and declare that it it is now acceptable to eat unclean animals. But according to the previous verse, Peter/Kepha himself didn't even know what the vision meant. How then can we interpret the vision? Kepha knew that it was always considered an "abomination" to eat the flesh of unclean animals and that we should not make ourselves "abominable" by eating them (Leviticus 20:25).
- In Yahweh's law, it never says to separate yourself from the Gentile and treat him with contempt. Rather it says.Exodus 22:21 " You shall neither mistreat a stranger nor oppress him, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
- Leviticus 19:34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am Yahweh your Elohim.
Therefore, it is clear that Yahweh never inspired or intended such practices. The mainstream teachers of Judaism were so obsessed with cleanliness that they added hundreds of laws to the Torah which Yahweh never intended or inspired. Kepha needed to be corrected in this area and this was the purpose of the vision.
- Kepha himself declared the meaning of the vision. If anyone speaks of any other meaning behind Kepha's vision, they are not speaking according to the scriptures.
So why would Yahweh liken the Gentiles to unclean animals and tell Kepha to kill and eat them? This was Kepha's interpretation of Yahweh's vision, but He never did explain why he interpreted the vision this way. I believe the scriptures are able to illustrate clearly why he understood this vision this way, but this may require a deep understanding of what Yahushua has done for us if any of you are not already familiar with it.
- Then Yahushua said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men." They immediately left their nets and followed Him.
John 6:54-56 Mark 14:22-24
- This is exactly what happened. Kepha went to the Gentiles who were cleansed by Yahweh because of their faith and belief in Him, and they were baptized. But the Jews (those "of the circumcision") who were with Kepha were amazed:
- So the correct interpretation is revealed when we hear the correct interpretation as spoken by Kepha himself and we see what actually took place. It had nothing to do with Yahweh cleansing abominable animals. It had to do with Yahweh cleansing men who wanted to receive Yahushua.
Leviticus 11:44 'For I am Yahweh your Elohim. You shall therefore consecrate yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy. Neither shall you defile yourselves with any creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
- So holiness and sanctification are intricately linked with cleanness. Becoming unholy is intricately linked with being defiled or unclean. Typically, the animals who are not holy (and thus, not " for food) are scavengers and garbage cleaners of the earth.
Thus, no creature "of Yahweh" is to be "refused if it is received with thanksgiving (vs. 3) by those who believe and know the truth (vs.2)." Those who believe and know the truth will know which creatures are sanctified (a word meaning "set apart") by the word of Yahweh as FOOD. Let's remember that when Paul wrote Timothy, there was no "new testament" in existence. The holy scriptures is the "old testament" were the words of Yahweh he would be referring to. Leviticus 11 speaks specifically about which animals Yahweh are unholy and abominable, and which animals are set apart for holy use. The unclean animals are not sanctified in the word of Yahweh. so NOT FOOD
Yahweh set apart which animals are clean and which animals are unclean prior to the laws in Leviticus. Noah was told to take the unclean animals by pairs but the clean animals in groups of seven: Genesis 7:1-5
- So, long before Yahweh gave His commandments in the law, He made a difference between the clean and unclean. Noah knew what Yahweh was talking about and "did according to all that Yahweh commanded him".
- Isaiah 52:11 - Depart! Depart! Go out from there, Touch no unclean [thing]; Go out from the midst of her, Be clean, You who bear the vessels of Yahweh. Paul quotes this verse in 2 Corinthians 6:17-18.
- 2 Corinthians 6:17 -7:1 - Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Master. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you." "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says YeHoVaH Almighty." Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of Yahweh.
- Notice that in order to really be "perfecting holiness" we must seek to cleanse ourselves from defilement of the flesh AND spirit. It isn't just a spiritual cleansing that Yahweh is seeking from us.
- Yahweh desires a clean people. People who live clean, think clean and eat clean so that we are a fit temple for Yahweh's Holy Spirit. To fill His temple with the flesh of abominable things is not cleansing yourself from filthiness of flesh or spirit.
- Therefore, let's maintain the purity of flesh and spirit that Yahweh seeks, that we might be among those perfecting holiness in the fear of Yahweh Let's set aside the traditions of men and the whole idea of just assuming that because everyone else does it, it must be right.
- Let's look straight into the scriptures and receive what they really say about holiness and sanctification, and seek to walk therein. Yahweh knows best.